- +44 (0) 7738 800 404
With a deep background in project management, communications and stakeholder relations, Lisa is a certified facilitator, cross-sector advisor, and sought-after chair and speaker. She created Coherent Cities after six years building the reputation, reach and capacity of Future of London as Chief Executive. She also created – and still runs – the Leaders Plus senior leadership programmes in London and Greater Manchester and initiated FoL’s Speaker Diversity Network.
During her time as CEO, Lisa also ran the feasibility and market testing for a major Housing Expo and sat on the advisory board of the Public Practice secondment initiative. Lisa is also a Non-Executive Director for Dot Dot Dot Property Guardians, connecting engaged volunteers with vacant homes and neighbourhoods in transition, and she mentors and coaches.
Before joining FoL, Lisa worked at director level for companies and non-profits in Canada, the US, England and Germany, and has delivered complex programmes around the world, including government negotiations, logistics, in-country liaison and community relations in four languages. Projects ranged from multi-million-pound worldwide expeditions and award-winning TV series through inter-cultural training for German engineers to engaging Utah ranchers in environmental education.
Named one of The Planner magazine’s Women of Influence since 2016, Lisa has an MSc (Distinction) in Sustainable Urbanism from UCL’s Bartlett School of Planning and a BA (Honours) in Journalism from Carleton University in Canada.
Clients include Aberdeen Standard, Barking Riverside, Brighton & Hove Council, the Canadian government (Environment, Defence), CBS TV, CP Rail, the Greater London Authority, Land Rover, LandSec, Leo Burnett, London Communications Agency, the London Boroughs of Brent, Camden, Enfield, Haringey, Lambeth; the G15, Peabody, Gateway and Notting Hill Genesis; Old Oak & Park Royal Development Corp, Opening Doors, PepsiCo, Philip Morris GmbH, Quod, RTPI, South Bank Employers’ Group, South Kilburn Trust, the West of England Combined Authority.
Sample posts & External Articles
- Native Land: Hypermixity report (cited, roundtable)
- The Economist: ‘Peak capital’ (quoted)
- Funding public projects in chaotic times
- Notes from a small, weird town
- Connecting Bristol (for Placemaking Collective UK)
- Campaign: All Change for London Creatives (quoted)
- CT Brief (p 10): Transformation: It never rains but it pours
- The Planner: The Diversity Champion (profile)
- On London: Open City Stories (profile)
Video & Audio
- Globe & Mail/Tortoise Media “Future of Cities” Summit: Video of lively ‘Who are Cities for?’ session
- #Alumni500 Celebration: 5-minute video for Future of London (producer, director, writer, narrator)
- CityBites podcast: COVID Connections – Culture + Place
- CityBites podcast: COVID Connections – Digital + Small Business
- CityBites podcast: COVID Connections – Councils + Communities
- Learning from Crisis: Making Equality the New Normal online roundtable
- Learning from Crisis: Local Economic Recovery webinar
- RE:Women Curb Appeal – Managing Covid-19’s impact on shared space
- RE:Women Converging Cultures joint webinar
- Manchester & London Cycling & Walking Commissioners Chris Boardman & Will Norman: in conversation at Living Streets #WalkingSummit
- Arrival City: A film about starting over at the end of the line (Project on hold) – Creator/producer/writer
- Global Warming: The Signs and the Science, PBS – Researcher, co-writer, production manager
- Land Rover G4 Challenge (2003-06-09) – Locations > International Liaison > Project Director
Report samples available on request